Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Aether


Year: 2008
Genre: Adventure, Puzzle
Website: http://armorgames.com/play/2153/aether/


Shane:
  • Platform: PC
  • Hours logged: 0.5
  • Playthroughs: 1
  • Rating: 5/10


Notes and Discussions:
  • Shane (3/5/2014): Really quick, both in playthrough and in idea-to-execution.  A message I saw somewhere when I started playing this said it was 14 days of development on this game.  For that kind of effort from the developers I have to admit that I am a bit impressed.

    The game is really simple.  You play as a thing riding another thing that has a really big tongue.  This tongue can reach out and grab clouds, then stars, and propel you throughout the cosmos.  Directing your flight towards the helpful little arrows on the screen will let you land on different planets where you can find and solve a puzzle and make the planet "happy" (as judged by the music change and the anthropomorphic faces changing from frowning to smiling.

    Do I recommend this game?  I can't even TRY to answer that question.  All I am willing to say right now is that I was happy to play it.  It helps to flesh out more points on my "gaming experience" chart.  I will likely play more of the games in "The Basement Collection" when next I have 30 minutes and I want a quick thrill.

No comments:

Post a Comment