Thursday, February 27, 2014

Jack Lumber


Year: 2012
Genre: Arcade
Website: http://jacklumbergame.com/


Lee:
  • Platform: Android
  • Hours logged: 4.5
  • Playthroughs: 1
  • Rating: 7/10


Notes and Discussions:
  • Lee (2/27/2014): I logged a quick playthrough of this game before I got the memo that this was essentially a rip-off of Fruit Ninja. Having never played Fruit Ninja (or anything like it), I enjoyed learning the game mechanic of accumulating points by slicing through various objects on the screen. The game did a good job of throwing new challenges at me at a rate that neither overwhelmed nor bored me. And then it was done. I did go back and play some of the early levels to gain "plaid-level" completion, but after a few few failed attempts, I quickly lost interest. Buying the rest of the beards and pictures in the shop was not incentive enough to keep grinding the levels for more wood pieces (money).

    The game's silly premise was a little annoying, but the main character's companion (a grumpy beaver) did have some funny comments and puns every time I beat a new level and gained another forest animal to stuff into my overcrowded log cabin. The ending was pretty weak, but I wasn't expecting much. In retrospect, I don't feel that this game was a waste of time, but I doubt that I'll play it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment