Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Ittle Dew


Year: 2013
Genre: Action-Adventure
Website: http://www.ittledew.com/


Shane:
  • Platform: Android
  • Hours logged: 4.5
  • Playthroughs: 1
  • Rating: 4/10


Notes and Discussions:
  • Shane (9/16/2014): This was a pleasant game, vaguely reminiscent of 16 bit Legend of Zelda.

    Hehe... That is a lie actually.  This game is a direct rip off of Legend of Zelda.  Therein lies much of it's charm.  And charm was exactly enough to get me through the game.

    The puzzles were easy enough to do with a toddler in my lap yet difficult enough to be fun.  Or they WOULD have been difficult had I not grown up with exactly this type of block pushing puzzle.

    The enemies were varied, which is nice.  They had the standard progression, just dumbed down a bit.  Two of the mobs are also puzzle pieces, which isn't new to the genre.  Having to position these creatures didn't screw up the gameplay that much as it so often does.

    I also like that the hero in this game is actually a heroine.  That satisfies both my desire that women gain better representation in the video gaming world, and my nerd rage over people miss-identifying the hero of the Legend of Zelda games as Zelda.  For some reason having a female lead in a Zelda clone just feels appropriate.

    When all is said and done, I won't be playing it again but I am glad that it exists.  

No comments:

Post a Comment