Thursday, June 25, 2015

Flappy Golf


Year: 2014
Genre: General
Website: http://www.noodlecake.com/1581/flappygolf-2/


Lee:
  • Platform: Android
  • Hours logged: 13.0
  • Playthroughs: 1
  • Rating: 7/10


Notes and Discussions:
  • Lee (6/25/2015): When I flew to Tokyo for a week of backpacking throughout the city, I got to experience my first ridiculously long airplane flight. Luckily, built into the seat in front of me was an in-flight entertainment system, which contained a list of movies and games to choose from. One of these games was Bejeweled...and I played that bitch for nearly the entire flight. Fast forward nearly a decade, and now I have my phone that I can use to pass the time in airports, on airplanes, and on the train. During our trip to San Diego last weekend, I first tried Box Cat, but that was a dud. Next, I loaded up Flappy Golf.

    The aggravating thing for me about Flappy Golf is that it did a pretty great job of sucking me in, but then it wouldn't let me go until I finished it. And there were a cubic fuckton of levels. Every level was ultimately completable, but my obsessive nature made me get a gold star on each one. I did that for the first three or four thousand levels (just kidding), but then I just desperately wanted to be done with the game, so I allowed silver stars for a while. By the time I made it to the final 20 bonus levels, bronze stars were plenty good enough.

    In all fairness, many of the levels were very cleverly built, and some of them were even fun. But after finishing the last level, I breathed a sigh of relief, then uninstalled it from my phone. In retrospect, this game was great for passing several hours while traveling, as it didn't require a lot of brainpower, but I don't see myself coming back to this one anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment